As the Head of Youth Organizing and Activism, you will be:
- Testing new ways of working with/for youth and integrate this in the on-going refinement of our Global Platform concept
- Strategically lead the analysis, design and testing of new prototypes, on- and offline, of new Global Platform initiatives, this includes new and sustainable funding and business models that are scalable.
- Continuing the innovation and learning of relevant training methodologies with a strong focus on the work with social movements and community organizing
- Encourage and develop a potential new Global Platform ownership model with the ActionAid Country offices
- Explore and ensure new strategic partnerships and alliances
- Team leadership with focus on cross team interaction and coordination with a range of ActionAid stakeholders
- Responsible for design and implementation of strategies and plans, making sure the team is delivering its best
You will be part of the management team of our international cluster, reporting to the International Director. You will be leading a highly skilled team of more than ten people as well as matrix management of our global platforms together with the relevant ActionAid country offices.
The job requires that you have:
- Experience that combines strategic leadership and management, preferably within projects with a political agenda
- Solid experience in innovation and agile project development, taking prototypes to scale and managing a large portfolio of projects
- Experience with business development and/or social entrepreneurship/startup culture is a strong advantage
- Solid experience of different approaches to empowerment, campaigning, activism and mobilization of youth
- Full working knowledge of English
And it is great if you have:
- Experience of operational management, matrix management or managing people in geographically different locations
- Experience from working in developing countries and/or in a global/intercultural work environment
- Experience from working with youth on a global scale, within education and capacity development, including participatory learner centered and action learning approaches
- Experience from working within a civil society organization, social movement, the international development sector
- Experience of working with Training Management Models and Training Quality Assurance
It is a prerequisite that you are comfortable taking the lead and making tough decisions. In addition, you are respecting and genuinely valuing others – also if others have a different background or approach than you. You dare exploring untraditional approaches and thinking, and upholds a strategic and innovative mindset to your projects.
We offer you
- An 8-year fixed-term appointment with flexible working hours, so that a healthy balance between private- family- and worklife is possible.
- A comprehensive compensation package where salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the agreement between ActionAid DK and the AC organizations. An obligatory pension scheme is a part of the package, as well as salary supplements for fixed-terms and managers.
- A common lunch arrangement.
- A broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues.
- A young, informal and dynamic working environment characterized by a modern management culture and cooperation across the organization.
You can get more information about the position through our International Director, Jakob Kirkemann Boesen, at email@example.com.
You can also hear more about the working conditions and retrieve organizational documents through our HR Consultant, Cecilia Højstrøm, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See more about working in ActionAid DK here: www.ms.dk/job.
Read more about our new strategy here: https://www.ms.dk/dokumenter/strategier
Application deadline: 26. October 2017 at midnight Danish time (CET)
Interviews are expected to be conducted on or around 31. October 2017.
Start date: 01 January 2018, preferably soonest possible before said date.
We only receive applications through our recruitment system, as such please use the link below to submit your application.
In AADK we believe in diversity and equal opportunities for both men and women. We encourage everybody to apply to any posted position regardless gender, cultural and ethnic background. ActionAid Denmark works for just and democratic governance and empowerment of the world's poorest.We are affiliated with ActionAid International. Together, we fight poverty in more than 40 countries.