ActionAid Denmark is a member of the global ActionAid Federation. It is an ambitious organization and you will become part of an international group of dedicated professionals working with tax justice. As the Global Tax Advisor, you will be a central player in the efforts to build the policy capacity of international networks and alliances on tax justice and the ActionAid global tax working group members. This will entail advocacy and policy work as well as supporting on research around global tax justice.
As the Global Tax Advisor, you will
- Provide technical support and policy input to tax working group members in their active participation in regional and global opportunities.
- Support and provide policy input to research, including research methodology.
- Engage with and have an overview of global policy hooks and opportunities.
- Provide support and input to learning initiatives on tax with alliances and within the ActionAid Federation.
- Explore and support the development of new strategic partnerships and alliances.
The job requires that you have
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- MSc/MA in the fields of Social Science, Development Studies, Human Rights, Governance or other relevant humanities.
- Understanding of both policy issues and programme practice on tax justice and progressive taxation, particularly linking local, national regional and international evidence-based advocacy and campaigning.
- Knowledge of media monitoring and advocacy.
- Experience of providing leadership, support and guidance across development programmes/projects – particularly in multi-country settings.
- Full working knowledge of English.
And it is great if you have
- Adept skills in monitoring complex projects with a wide geographical scope requiring virtual collaboration.
- Experience in working effectively with civil society in Africa and Asia.
- Strong networking/relationship-building skills to work well with and influence diverse stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent skills in information/data analysis, including consolidation and analysis of highly diverse data, and report writing.
- Proven ICT skills and use of database software.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, resourcefulness to understand and synthesize diverging points of view and resolve conflicts without escalation.
It is a prerequisite that you understand the role as an advisor to support and build the capacity of others through coaching, mentoring and bringing the area forward through developing and introducing good practices. In addition, you are to respect and genuinely value others – also if they have a different background or approach than you. You must dare to explore untraditional approaches and thinking, and hold a strategic and innovative mindset to your projects.
We offer you
- A 2-year contract with possibility of extension under the People4Change programme funded by Danida through ActionAid Denmark.
- A base preferably in Kenya, but challenges in obtaining the necessary work permits etc. could result in being located in one of the following ActionAid countries Bangladesh, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe, based on the preference of the Advisor and ActionAid.
- A comprehensive allowance package including relocation, housing and education allowance for kids. The salary is app. 2,800 Euro monthly, and an obligatory pension scheme with 10% employer + 3% employee contribution is part of the package.
- A broad, professional network of passionate, international colleagues.
You can get more information about the position through Soren Ambrose, Policy Advisor on Public Resources, ActionAid International, at email@example.com, and, from 6 August, Hannah Brejnholt Tranberg, Tax Policy and Programme Manager, AADK, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 12 August 2018 at midnight Danish time (CEST)
Interviews are expected to be conducted on or around 15 August 2018, and potential second round interviews on 21 August.
Start date: 1 October/November 2018, preferably soonest possible before said date. Depending on availability of candidate and obtaining legal papers at the selected duty station.
Please read more about our work with tax justice at http://www.actionaid.org/tax-justice
We only receive applications through our recruitment system, as such please use the link below to submit your application.