ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL – GLOBAL SECRETARIAT (GS)
POSITION: FINANCE OFFICER, NATIONAL STAFF,
DURATION – 6 MONTHS MATERNITY COVER
LOCATION – NAIROBI.
Local terms and conditions of employment will apply
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
We are now looking for a Finance Officer with in-depth understanding and experience of financial and management accounting procedures. If you are ready to take on a CV enhancing role that will use your talents and develop your skills; look no further than this position at ActionAid International.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Ensuring financial integrity of the Nairobi GS office
2. Making payments to suppliers in line with the agreed policies and procedures
3. Ensuring that supplier invoice and payment information is accounted for in accurately and timely manner
4. Managing petty cash
5. Preparing banking instructions, letters or forms to effect money transfer/payments etc
6. Performing bank reconciliations and follow up reconciling items promptly
7. Processing the local payroll correctly
8. Maintaining the Fixed Assets register
9. Performing balance sheet reconciliations
10. Supporting budget holders in analysis and updating information
11. Handling staff claims and expenses
12. Coordinating and organizing for Hub Audits
13. Ensuring compliance with national regulatory and statutory requirements.
1. Tertiary level qualification in Finance
2. Proficient English: Can speak and write as well as a native adult of the language
3. Ability to work in a multicultural context/ environment, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices
4. Good experience in a financial or management accounting environment
5. Proven track record of control account management
6. Commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and ways of working.
If you meet this description and wish to make a big impact, please visit AAI website.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by close of business on the 14th February 2018. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.