Qualification & Experience
The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies or a development related field and at least 10 years proven track record with a minimum of 5 years in a top leadership position in development work and poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment
· Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategy.
· Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems with the budget size of at least 3 million GBP and 30 staff and above
· Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives. .
· Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels in Palestine context.
· Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid's Palestine country programme.
· Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which ActionAid's poverty alleviation programmes are operating at both national and community levels.
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Strong analytical/Problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict and risk
· Fundraising skills with proven track recording in contract management from bilateral and multilateral donors
Candidates should apply throughhttps://goo.gl/forms/8lFg23XoJbniSNwZ2 and send CV and motivation cover letter to: email@example.com by no later than 5PM Bangkok time on 27 March 2017. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. REF No: CD/AAP
ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified Palestinian national, especially women leader are especially encouraged to apply.