ACTIONAID INTERNATIONAL – GLOBAL SECRETARIAT
POSITION: PROJECT ACCOUNTANT, NATIONAL STAFF, GRADE C
DURATION – 3 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
LOCATION – NAIROBI, LONDON OR JOHANNESBURG
Local terms and conditions of employment will apply
ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
We are now looking for a Project Accountant with in-depth understanding and experience of working with donor funded contracts. If you are ready to take on a CV enhancing role that will use your talents and develop your skills; look no further than this position at ActionAid International.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
Ensuring the financial integrity of the project, overseeing a budget of around £ 3,751,715.00 for the PFA project and 1282185 USD (716500 USD for Gates Project and 565685 USD for Hewlett). The successful candidate will have responsibility for processing invoices, recharges, budgeting, forecasting, sub-grants/ partners, expenditure tracking, ensuring internal controls are in place, preparing and submitting financial reports and preparing for and conducting audits.
1. Educated to graduate level in Accounting, finance or business related with substantive experience in a financial or management accounting environment involving donor project management.
2. Excellent English proficiency.
3. Proven ability to work creatively, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision in a multi-cultural context/ environment.
4. In-depth understanding and experience of working with donor funded contracts.
5. Experience in planning and budgeting processes including the ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures.
6. Comprehensive understanding of financial reporting, review and analysis.
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, often at a distance.
8. Good working knowledge of computerised accounting packages and MS office (Excel), experience in SUN and Vision, an advantage.
9. Commitment to ActionAid’s vision, mission, values and ways of working.
If you meet this description, and wish to make a big impact please visit AAI website here.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on the 15th November, 2017. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK or in another ActionAid Country Office.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.