Qualification & Experience
The candidate must hold a post graduate degree in social sciences, development studies or a development related field and at least 10 years proven track record with a minimum of 5 years in a top leadership position in development work and poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiative, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment
· Demonstrated senior management expertise, including proven ability to develop the capacities of multi-disciplinary professional teams undertaking comprehensive poverty alleviation strategy.
· Proven experience in managing complex financial control and management systems with the budget size of at least 3 million GBP and 40 staff and above.
· Demonstrated expertise in strategic and long term planning and the ability to ensure that operational plans and activities meet targets and appropriately reflect longer term perspectives. .
· Proven experience of working and negotiating with Government officials and/or donors at all levels in Nepal context.
· Sound and up to date knowledge of development concepts, methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
· Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid Nepal’s programme.
· Sound awareness of the political, social, economic and historic environment in which ActionAid's poverty alleviation programmes are operating at both national and community levels.
· Proficiency in English and a familiarity with the context of the country as it affects development strategies. Fluency of local language is an advantage to the role.
· Strong leadership and management skills.
· Strong analytical/Problem solving, and management of crisis, conflict and risk.
· Fundraising skills with proven track recording in contract management from bilateral and multilateral donors.
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please visit our website www.actionaid.org/jobs for further details.
Candidates should apply through https://goo.gl/forms/N9aOhraxGHg29GUw1 and send CV and motivation cover letter to:email@example.com by no later than 31st March 2017, 5.30pm Nepal time. Please clearly indicate which position you are applying for. REF No: CD/AAN
ActionAid International welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified Nepalese national, especially women leader, are especially encouraged to apply.
Please check your application and make sure you meet all the essential criteria listed in the person specification, in addition your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the desirable criteria. If you do not meet at least all the essential criteria, please don’t apply as we only invite candidates for an interview if they meet the essential criteria listed on the job description.