INTERNAL SECONDMENT OPPORTUNITY
ActionAid International Burundi
Duration: Six months
Closing date: 3rd May 2019
The Organisation: .
ActionAid Burundi started its operations as a humanitarian response programme in 1986, in Ruyigi Province which was considered as the poorest province in Burundi with a limited presence of development actors. The organization has since moved away from Service delivery and currently focuses on the thematic areas outlined below;
- • Resilient Agriculture for sustainable livelihoods.
- • Women’s land rights and violence against women and girls .
- • Free quality public (basic) education for girls and boys, and youth leadership.
- • Governance and accountability with focus on the delivery of gender-responsive public services
- • Emergency preparedness and response as a cross-cutting theme .
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Country Director, tenable at its Head Office in Bujumbura. This is a secondment position for a period of six months. The terms and conditions are as outlined in the secondment policy.
The Country Director, reporting to the Head of Country Support will inspire vision, strategic leadership and financial sustainability as well as guidance to harness ActionAid's human and financial resources, partnerships, and other resources in delivering the organization’s mandate in line with its values and established policies.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. The ideal candidate should have a post graduate degree either in social sciences, development studies, management, international development studies or any other development ‐ related area.
2. At least 5 ‐ 10 years in the top management position of a development organisation working in poverty alleviation programmes with proven initiatives, flexibility and enthusiasm in managing complex activities in a changing environment.
3. Proven ability to lead and develop the capacities of multi‐disciplinary professional team in a complex setting.
4. Strong analytical, problem solving, crisis management, conflict management and risk management skills.
5. A futuristic and successful change leader able to steer the country through complex change processes, tactfully managing and carrying staff along while respecting the organisational values, polices and change process objectives
6. An innovative and strategic thinker with up to date knowledge of human rights-based approach methodologies and techniques including demonstrated expertise in at least one specialist development field.
7. Fund raising skills with strong Contract Management skills
8. Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to handle sensitive diplomatic and Government level negotiations on matters affecting ActionAid Burundi.
9. Bilingual with strong oral and writing skills in both English and French.
10. A feminist leader with a strong commitment to promoting ActionAid’s Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse and other Safeguarding concerns (including child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk).
For more information on the above roles, refer to the attached role profile.
How to apply:
Interested individuals should apply to email@example.com by the 3rd of May ,clearly indicating the position that you are applying for.